BLOG

Co-working spaces are on the rise

As a freelance copywriter I have faced the problem of, “Where does my living space end and my workspace start and vice versa” many times. How can I relax at home after a long day of work if work is also where I watch TV, eat and sleep? A freelance-friendly café is the alternative but not during rush hour. And let’s be honest. We’re all tired of the waiter that taps on your shoulder asking you to buy more every time he walks past. Working on the go is the norm for digital nomads With the rise of digital nomads, freelancers, online start-ups and small business owners, the need for more flexible and remote workspaces became a necessity. Borderless working and working on the go are more popular

Street art brings colour into our lives

I’m a big fan of street art. It doesn’t matter whether I’ve been to that city countless times or if I’m experiencing a place as a first-time visitor. Seeing how someone brings a boring wall to life with their vision and design is incredibly inspiring. It seems like street art has the power to wake people up from their daily rut, even if only for a few moments when they actually look up from the grey pavement and see some colour. A little smile, a 5-second stop, it’s hard not to feel something when we are presented with a huge mural that bursts of colour and imagination. Just like a mini daydream that brightens up your 9-to-5. Street art is out there for everyone to enjoy Street art can be us

How to pack smart for your next trip

Ah, packing. I used to hate it and I admit that I’m still not that fond of it now. Over time and with every trip I’m getting a bit better at it though. Thankfully, those days are over when I almost couldn’t lift my suitcase onto the belt when checking in. I perfected my desperate-cry-face in case the check-in agent would ask me to pay extra for my bag, which did work sometimes, surprisingly… Pack clothes you can combine easily Over the years I’ve learned that I don’t have to pack every last item of my wardrobe, even though I go on month-long trips. Why not? Because we usually only wear the same 20% of our clothes regularly anyways. No need to schlepp the remaining 80% with you if you don’t e

3 reasons why you should skip lunch sometimes and have ice cream instead

Two days ago we were sitting at the table working and talking about ideas for lunch when Lac suddenly came up with a radical idea. Let’s have ice cream for lunch today. We’ll go out, sit in the sun and have a nice big cup of creamy deliciousness before we come back to work. WHAT??! I mean…could we possibly…is this even…on a Wednesday?? YES. And yes, we did. On said Humpday we gave tuna the cold shoulder, flipped bread and tomato off and openly neglected a carton of eggs on the shelf. We said Sayonara to our fridge and pantry, grabbed our sunglasses and left. Ice cream for lunch – hell yeah We strolled into the centre of town, enjoying the sun while chatting away. Before we knew it, we were t

Recent Posts
Archive

Hello there!

I'm Alex and this is my travel and lifestyle blog. I suffer from Destinesia. I also call it go-with-the-flow travelling. It's when you have a travel itinerary but then you meet someone and change your plans completely or you just love a place so much you stay much longer than expected. You just go with what feels right. This is what happened to me in Nicaragua. You can read more about it here.

I'm also a writer/copywriter/translator. Here you can find a link to my online portfolio and my CV. I'm always looking for new projects and interesting collaborations. Check here for more contact details and get in touch:

alexmaria.huetter@gmail.com.

Enjoy looking around here for some inspiration and most of all, have fun exploring the world!

Follow me @alixmcampbell_writer

Weekly travel tip

I'll post something travel-related here weekly. Watch this space!

 

Christmas is coming. It's approaching fast. If you're in Europe, don't miss out on visiting one of the many traditional Christmas markets and have some delicious Glühwein/Glögg. Enjoy!

Packing list

You're going on a trip but don't know what to pack? For some reason you always end up with way too much? Don't worry, this happened to me so many times.

Here some tips:

 

  • Travel light. Pack versatile clothes and shoes and use travel-sized cosmetics for a hassle-free trip

  • Roll your clothes and stuff your shoes with socks and stockings

  • Plastic bags double up as shoe covers and storage for dirty clothes

Check out my article about smart packing for more tips. It definitely helps to print out a packing list you can check off, so you don't forget anything important.

© 2017 - 2020 by Alexandra Huetter